Wednesday 28 March 2012

In the Meantime...


On our 'sides of origin' at the Prime Meridian


Let’s pretend this little break in broadcast is for a fabulous reason. 
Such as…



After my Life List success of last week, I was recruited to saber open champagne for the rich and famous.

Or I am furiously typing in order to meet a manuscript deadline.

Or maybe I am trapped under a pile of National Geographic magazines which toppled during Mission: Declutter (and typing this on the iPhone I can just reach with a twist tie I found under the pile instead of calling for help.  Priorities).

Perhaps I missed the nausea, bumpy roads and pure exhilaration of East Africa so much we packed it in and jumped a plane never to return (and I am typing this from the internet shed on the side of the road).

Perhaps I finally convinced Pete to run away to the circus again and become a Big Cat Trainer while I run the cookhouse. 

I became so enthralled in Current Events, I effectively created a fort of newspapers from which I can’t escape.



Any of these are perfectly good reasons for the radio silence.  In fact, turn on your radio, maybe I am telling a story on This American Life or Desert Island Discs, depending on your day of the week or side of the Atlantic.



My absence definitely has nothing to do with the recent sunshine and a complete loss of words.  Or that my life is moving along at an even keel and I can only create so much drama out of my mundane domestic routine. 



Now, if you will excuse me, there is a bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge which needs my attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment