Friday 17 June 2011

Desperate


It's Friday! Welcome to ‘The Chronicles of a Reluctant Housewife’ where I document my love/hate relationship with my current occupation.

I’m watching Desperate Housewives of Orange County.  I don't know why.  It's a car wreck.  If you are ever feeling bad or uncomfortable in your life and marriage, watch this.  It is guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself.  That’s not to say that I am feeling bad or uncomfortable, the complete opposite actually, but there it is.  I am also currently battling a migraine (TV and computer screen are probably not the best weapons) and the meaningless buzz in the background keeps me from thinking about the pain behind my eyes. 
I wasn’t feeling this post today.  The headache was getting too much and nothing was really flowing.  I decided to pack it in and take a shower and start on my to-do list for the day.  As it turns out, I ended up taking a very long steamy shower and was still sweating 10 minutes later.  I had applied some of that gradual tan lotion and was waiting for it to dry before pulling on my outfit for the day, which means that I was walking around the house in my undies.  (No, you won’t be getting a photo of that.  What kind of girl do you take me for?)  In a rare move, I was wearing a matching set and caught my reflection.  I have to admit, I wasn’t horrified.  Here’s what happened next…
I finished doing my hair and started in on make-up, deciding to try out a more dramatic look for tomorrow’s races.  So there I was in my matching undies, hair and make-up looking pretty good and some house cleaning to do.  I also wanted to clean my ring and the best way of doing that is to clean the bathroom.  I’m serious.  The ‘grime and lime’ formula makes Betty shine.  If you know me, you know what happened next. 
I put on Madonna’s greatest hits and started cleaning and dancing…in my undies.  I might be a Desperate Housewife afterall.

Royal Ascot this weekend.  Hats!  Yeah!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment