Tuesday 29 March 2011

Fitness Goal


It’s Tuesday Fit-Day.  A weekly meditation on fitness goals, successes and failures.  Thinking about it once a week is a step toward making it a part of everyday.

I realize that I have become lazy with the blog as of late.  Only writing on Tuesday and Friday.  It’s just that I don’t feel I have much to write about.  Which isn’t true, really.  I just went on a cruise, I am racking up the writing deadlines (although none of them are paying anything), and just got a two-week job editing a colleague’s book. 
In terms of fitness, I have also been slacking.  I am back to my pre-cruise weight.  It was actually pretty painless to get back.  Only took two weeks.  I have been doing my two runs a week, but not as regularly as I did before.  I have done my Monday run on Tuesday two weeks running (HA!) although this week it might happen on Wednesday.  I have managed the Friday run, every Friday.  I have not managed to get back to 4K.  The first 3K after the cruise I puked.  I know.  How hardcore is that? (Not at all, but it sounds hardcore.) I expect I shall get back to it within a week or two. 
I have also become lax in going to my Weight Watchers meetings.  They aren’t actually inspiring at all.  I show up to weigh-in and leave.  This week I weighed myself at home.  Next week I probably will as well.  These past two weeks I haven’t been very good about actually tracking my food intake, but I am still on track.  I believe (hopefully not jinxing anything here) that I have trained myself to eat and exercise sensibly.  How else did I manage to only put on three pounds while enjoying three-course meals, desserts, and cocktails for two weeks?  I’m still following the Weight Watchers plan, I still have yet to easily identify my jean size and find a pair that fits my thighs, butt, waist and leg length simultaneously. 
However, I do believe that fitness and health has become a part of my everyday.  I am not constantly thinking about it, but it does shape my decisions about eating and exercising without causing me grief or guilt.  I am mindful and still enjoying my decadent desserts and nights out with friends. 
So with that, I retire Tuesday Fit-Day  from every week.  It will still make an appearance when I have need to discuss my fitness goals and failings, but I want to free up some space to think and write about other obsessions.  Like TV, new haircuts, new recipes, new writing projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment